If you like adventures, Thorah Cottage is the perfect place for you. Since Thorah cottage is located on an Island, you will be greeted in Beaverton and taken for a short 10 minute (no additional payment) trip by boat to the Thorah island dock. From there everyone from your party will be taken for a 3-5 minute van ride to the Thorah Cottage, through the beautiful and relaxing island environment. (Each additional trip there and back is $45)
This cottage is renting only by week from May 1 to October 31
Some of the best bass fishing right at your door.
Kitchen: Living room:
* Water: bring yourwater * TV
* 2 Refrigerators * VCR
* Oven * CD player
* Stove * Radio
* Kettle * Tape Deck
* Coffee Maker
* Tea Pot
* Electric Frying Pan 4 Bedrooms:
* Dishes * 1 Queen, 3 Dbl,
* Cutlery 1 Dbl Bunk and
* Pots and Pans 3 Pull-out Sofa Beds
* No Cleaning Supplies * Pillows
* Vacuum * Blankets
* Upright Freezer
* Electric boat lift up to 16"
* Patio Furniture
* Propane Barbecue
* Magnificent sunrises right from the front yard
* Shore Line : Flat Rock, Rubble
* Wooden Dock
* Fire Pit
* Sleeps 12 comfortably
* Linens and Towels are not supplied
* Pets not permitted
* Extra boat ride is $45
* No child safety issues
* Cottage is not designed for wheel chair access
* Parking: Free at Beaverton dock prior to boat
* Guests must leave the cottage clean at the end of the stay.
* Simcoe Weather Radio (162.400)
* Hiking nature walks
not at Island
* Biking Trails
* Cross Country Skiing Trails
* Snowmobile Trails
* Provincial Parks: Mara
* Sand Beach (40 km) (The main attraction of Mara
Provincial park is the wide, sandy beach, one
of Lake Simcoe's best)
* National Park: Gamebridge Lock (10 km)
* Boat rental: near Beaverton
* Horseback Riding (10 km)
* Golf Courses (10 km)
* Go Carts (15 km)
* Casino Rama (45 km)
* Fine Dining (10 km)
* Tourist Information Booth (8 km)
* Boating Safety Info Line 1-800-267-6687
* Beaverton District Chamber of Commerce
* Orillia Soldiers Memorial H (705) 325-2201 (45 km)
* Brechin Walk-In Cl (705) 484-1411
The three-story cottage is decorated as an American Western Inn with lots of antique and other interesting things.
Four bedroom, 3,100 sq ft waterfront cottage is located right on the shore of Lake Simcoe, in a private Island setting, and has eastern exposure with a great view of magnificent sunrises right from the front yard.
The fist floor of the cottage contains kitchen, dining room, living room, two bathrooms and laundry room.
The kitchen at this cottage is fully equipped with: fridge, stove, oven, kettle, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, dishwasher, electric frying pan and kettle. The huge dining room has tables and chairs to comfortably seat everyone in your party. You will also find a TV there.
The living area is furnished with a couch, a coffee table and a chair in which guests can enjoy a book or, play cards. From the corridor you can access the deck and the front yard.
There are four spacious bedrooms in the cottage, each with a TV, table with chairs and a separate bathroom (includes a shower, sink, and a toilet). First bedroom has queen sized bed and double bunk. Each one of the remaining three bedrooms has a double sized bed and a pull-out sofa.
Following the stairs to the third floor, you will reach a game room.
Spacious front yard (with a fire pit) allows for plenty of playing room. The deck at the cottage faces East and water front and is equipped with tables, chairs and propane BBQ. With all of the outdoor space available, you can follow the sun all day long.
Next to the shoreline is shallow, so kids of all ages can enjoy the water. Swimming shoes are recommended.
Excellent fishing is available right at your door.
For your breakfast you can buy fresh eggs.
When you rent this cottage you are paying for its Island's quiet and peaceful location and Lake Simcoe's invigorative water.